Summer is finally here, meaning it might be time to upgrade your skincare routine! The summer heat can be overwhelming for many reasons, including the potential for skin damage! In the summer, it’s more important than ever to take extra steps to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Whether you’re hitting the beach or spending a day at home working with REI Blackbook, our top skincare tips for Summer 2023 will make sure your skin stays hydrated and healthy every day! From simple steps like avoiding direct sunlight that can cause damage during peak hours and wearing sunscreen while outdoors to more complex actions like changing up your product routine and working to prevent dryness and damage, these tips will arm you against dryness and damage all summer long!
1. Avoid Direct Sunlight During Peak Hours: Make sure to stay in the shade or indoors during peak hours of sunlight if possible, which is typically between 10am and 4pm. This will help protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays, which are most damaging during this time, and can prevent skin damage and even medical complications like skin cancer.
2. Wear Sunscreen: This one is a no-brainer for some, but many people have yet to incorporate SPF into their everyday skincare and beauty routines! Wearing sunscreen of at least SPF 30 will protect your skin from sun damage and help you avoid sunburns and keep your skin protected from damage. Make sure to reapply every two hours or after swimming or sweating too much, and you should be good to go!
3. Change Up Your Skincare Routine: The summer heat can cause your skin to become dehydrated, so it’s important to switch up your routine to keep it hydrated and healthy, especially if you are typically using drying products. Lightweight lotions, serums, and facial oils can help restore moisture and balance the pH levels of your skin.
4. Drink More Water: Staying hydrated will keep your skin healthy and also flush out any toxins or impurities that can cause damage. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, and avoid sugary drinks or alcohol which can dehydrate you. This is not only good for your skin, but also for your overall health.
5. Cleanse Your Skin Regularly: Even if you’re not wearing makeup, it’s important to cleanse your skin regularly to remove any dirt or residue that can clog pores. Make sure to use a mild, gentle cleanser and rinse off with lukewarm water. This will help keep your skin looking hydrated and glowy all summer long.
Following these simple tips will ensure that your skin stays healthy and hydrated all summer long!